Direct Support Professional - High Medical Needs
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL III - High Medical Needs
STATUS: Full-Time or Part-Time / Non-exempt
LOCATION: Brainerd, MN
Josh’s Place (JP) is a MN disability service provider known for its personal mission driven, quality supports and fun work environment. JP is hiring caring and supportive Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to join our team in a high medical needs work environment. As a DSP, you will support JP individuals (VIPs) while doing meaningful work that truly make a difference in the lives of many! JP is committed to fostering a positive work environment and growth opportunities for our Superstars. It is our mission to support the people, who support the people – that means YOU!
As a DSP, you will work directly with VIPs in supporting their daily lives. This includes, but is not limited to; meal preparation, transportation, community activities, medication administration, money management, personal cares and more. YOU truly make the VIP’s day!
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Current CNA certification preferred
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License with acceptable record required.
- Ability to pass DHS Background Check
- Use of clear and understandable written and verbal English.
- Capacity to work independently and enact strong decision-making skills.
- Passion for providing quality support
Superstar Benefits Include:
- Health Insurance (FT Employees working 30 hours or more per week)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Career growth & training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 245D compliant orientation, including 30 hours of paid training
- Full-Time: 30+ hours per week (morning/evening/awake overnight).
- Regular Part-Time: 20+ hours per week (morning/evening/awake overnight). Option to have this as a second job—flexibility available!