2018 Stars & Stripes Days
STARS & STRIPES JUL 4 PARADE WILL BE STARTING AT 11:30 AM INSTEAD OF NOON.
KIDDIE PARADE & BED RACES REGISTRATION WILL BE AT 10:00 AM AND START AT 10:30 AM
Fireworks, parades, entertainment! Come celebrate our Independence Day with all sorts of activities July 3 and 4 in Pequot Lakes. This two-day event is loaded with family-friendly events!
For information on sponsoring this event
Click here for the Crafter Booth application (Apply TODAY to guarantee your booth space!)
Click here for the Food Vendor application (Apply TODAY to guarantee a space in the park!)
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO PATROL SECTIONS OF THE PARADE ROUTE. WATCH THE PARADE FROM YOUR FAVORITE VIEWING POINT AND HELP KEEP CHILDREN SAFE BY REMINDING THEM TO STAND BACK AND KEEP THE FLOATS MOVING ALONG.
July 3rd Schedule of Events
- 5:00 p.m. - Food Vendors
- 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. - Beer Garden sponsored by Community Action of Pequot Lakes
- 6:00 p.m. Bean Bag Toss Tournament ($10 per Team / 2 players)
- Single elimination tournament bracket play. Each player must throw from behind the front of the box. First team of 2 players to 21 or over, need to win by 2 points with cancelation scoring. Bags are allowed to bounce on the ground onto the board (walking the dog is approved). Boards will be placed 24 ft. apart. Each team is responsible for its own score. Teams playing for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will be playing best out of three.
- 6:30 p.m. - Band performance by SOLO
- After Dusk - Fireworks
- 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Firemen's Pancake Breakfast
- 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. - Craft Fair, Food Vendors and music in Trailside Park
- 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Bungee Trampoline and Kids Climb, Trailside Park South
- 10 a.m. - Money in the Haystack and Golden Bobber Hunt, Trailside Park North
- 10:00 - Kiddie Parade and Bed Races (5 per team) Registration at Band Shell, Trailside Park North
- 10:30 - Kiddie Parade, Veterans Memorial Walking Path; Bed Races, Paul Bunyan Trail, Trailside Park North
- 11 :30 a.m. - Stars & Stripes Parade Click here to download the entry form