2017 Stars & Stripes Days
Fireworks, parades, entertainment! Come celebrate our Independence Day with all sorts of activities July 3 and 4 in Pequot Lakes. This two-day event is loaded with family-friendly events!
For more information on sponsoring this event https://chambermaster.blob.core.windows.net/userfiles/UserFiles/chambers/1/File/PequotLakes-Sponsorships002.pdf
July 3rd Schedule of Events
- 5:00 p.m. - Food Vendors
- 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. - Beer Garden sponsored by Community Action of Pequot Lakes
- 6:00 p.m. Bean Bag Toss Tournament ($10 per Team / 2 players)
- Single elimination tournament bracket play. Each player must throw from behind the front of the box. First team of 2 players to 21 or over, need to win by 2 points with cancelation scoring. Bags are allowed to bounce on the ground onto the board (walking the dog is approved). Boards will be placed 24 ft. apart. Each team is responsible for its own score. Teams playing for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will be playing best out of three.
- 6:30 p.m. - Band Performance by SOLO
- After Dusk - Fireworks by Hollywood Pyrotechnics, Inc. behind Our Saviors Lutheran Church (30985 Front Street). Best viewing locations: Trailside Parks, Varsity Baseball Field, Middle School Parking Lot and TDS Parking lot.
- 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Firemen's Pancake Breakfast
- 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. - Flea Market, Craft Fair, Food Vendors & LIVE MUSIC by Carlos Quinche (Contemporary and Andean Folk Music) @ Trailside Park
- 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Bungee Trampoline & Kids Climb, Trailside Park South
- 10 a.m. - Money in the Haystack, and Golden Bobber Hunt, Trailside Park North
- 10:30 - Kiddie Parade & Bed Races (5 per team) Registration, Band Shell
- 11:00 - Kiddie Parade, Veterans Memorial Walking Path; Bed Races, Paul Bunyan Trail (Trailside Park North)
- 12 p.m. - Stars & Stripes Parade Click here to download the entry form PARADE ROUTE MAP
Parking- CR 11 / Main Street and CR 112 / Rasmussen Street will be closed to thru traffic starting at 11 a.m. Parking is available at TDS, Pequot Lakes High School and Eagle View Elementary School. Shuttle service from Eagle View Elementary School will not be provided.
Handicapped Parking- Available on Government Drive, East Butler Street, St. Alice Church, and Old Hwy 371 (Pequot Lakes Dental). Spaces will be marked. Be sure to arrive early!
PARKING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE OR ON CR 11 / Main Street. VEHICLES WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED!
ROADS CLOSED- CR 11 / MAIN STREET AND CR 112 / RASMUSSEN STREET WILL BE CLOSED AT 11:00 a.m. FOR THE PARADE.
VISITING THE AREA?
Stay for more than a day! Take in all the happenings with this event and more by extending your stay in the Brainerd Lakes Area. No other vacation destination in Minnesota offers the variety of lodging accommodations to fit every size, price, location, and style.